|News - 29 Articles, page 3 of 3|| [PREVIOUS] |
|We've completed the first phase of the 1.483 stress test and thanks to all those that participated have identified a few minor issues that still need to be resolved and hope to have everything corrected in very short order.
Normal Beta test rules are back into effect.
|All beta testing restrictions are suspended for the duration of the stress test. Play the game as you normally would to ensure a good and thorough testing.|
|Please note that special etiquette is expected on the beta servers. For detailed information, consult the Beta Testing Guide. In general though:
- Don't attack Engineers or Extractors,
- Don't Bomb shipyard planets,
- Don't steal valuable planets (with shipyards or mining facilities).
- Please abide by the requests of others for testing when possible, and always abide by staff members' requests.
Thanks for ensuring a productive testing environment!
|Just a quick note to those who have had prestige added to their accounts on beta: You need to join a game server before your prestige and rank are updated to match your adjusted stats. Your profile will still show your old rank even if you have been given more points until you log into a server.
Please join a server to ensure your profile is up-to-date before posting complaints about inaccurate prestige.
|Beta has been updated with the latest code and data changes.
- A MAJOR 3D optimization has been implemented. We are now grouping all rendering by material, which will dramatically reduce the number of render state changes. In other words, a large number of fighters/mines, other objects, should not slow down your frame rate nearly as much.
- The cloaking effect is currently broken on purpose as we rework the translucency code.
|We will be starting active developer meetings again.|
|- The ship spawning bug MAY be fixed now. I need everyone playing beta to please report if this bug occurs in the current version of BETA.
- The version number has now be incremented to 1.483, I will be putting up the changes coming in version 1.483 over the next few weeks.
- Gideon's new torpedo effects and other asset changes should now be up in beta, provided he actually uploaded (I'm not really sure, just know that some asset changes did occur).
DEVELOPER NOTE: If you make any changes to the ASSETS in resourcer, you MUST edit the "ChangeLog" file in the root directory and add whatever you changed to that file. Failure to do this, may result in the loss of resourcer rights.
|Website developers... some very important DNS changes have occured. Previously, we had the following DNS entries mapped to the following machines:
www1.palestar.com -> neptune.palestar.com
www2.palestar.com -> neptune.palestar.com/darkspace
www3.palestar.com -> sirius.palestar.com
www4.palestar.com -> sirius.palestar.com/darkspace
This has changed...
www1.palestar.com -> neptune.palestar.com (Development)
www2.palestar.com -> sirius.palestar.com (Production)
www1 is for web development, all testing should occur on this web-server. www2 is the primary web server, no web-code should be edited on this server live, it should always be tested on www1. If fact, I'm the only person that should publishing changes to www2.
|Welcome to the DarkSpace beta website...
Previously, for the beta website we used the same web-site as we use for the release version of DarkSpace. The recent improvments to our web back-end now allow us to create an entirely (ALMOST) new website for BETA.
The BETA and development related forums have been moved over to this beta website. I'm sure that will create plenty of confusion among the players.
Copyright ©2000-2019 by Palestar, All rights reserved worldwide.
of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of
Best viewed with Internet